ProteinMods is headed by Joe Beck, PhD. He is a versatile PhD. cell biologist with postdoctoral training in analytical chemistry and multiple years experience in drug development. Joe has a diverse background as evidenced by accomplishments in pharmacology, protein chemistry, neuroscience, surface chemistry, and nanotechnology.
His mission is to lead a company in the production of top quality proteins and antibodies for researchers across the country and internationally.
Joe also participates in many other ventures related to the biochemistry industry forging a path of research and has contributed as an author on many different publications.
- The Selective M1 Muscarinic Cholinergic Agonist CDD-0102A Enhances Working Memory and Cognitive Flexibility The Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, 2012
- Discrimination Between Bacillus Species by Impedance Analysis of Individual Dielectrophoretically Positioned Spores. Analytical Chemistry, 2008
- Electrically Directed Assembly and Detection of Nanowire Bridges in Aqueous Media. Nanotechnology, 2006
- Manipulation and Real-Time Electrical Detection of Individual Bacterial Cells at Electrode Junctions: “A Model for Assembly of Nanoscale Biosystems”. Nano Letters, 2005
- Na-K-Cl Co-transporter Contributes to Glutamate-Meditated Excitotoxicity. The Journal of Neuroscience, 2003
- Ornithine Decarboxylase Activity in in Vivo and in Vitro Models of Cerebral Ischemia. Neurochemical Research, 2003